The Philippines is one of the best English-speaking destinations for Indian medical aspirants who are seeking medical education abroad in 2023-24, at affordable prices.
The country’s high level of:
- English fluency,
- affordable education,
- US pattern of education makes it beneficial for students to give USMLE exam,
- validity of the degree in India & other countries,
- global recognition of degrees mainly by WHO, NMC, ECFMG & WFME,
- amazing landscape, crystal blue lagoons,
- inter-cultural traditions and influences,
- safety & security
make it a desirable study destination for medical aspirants all over the world. Its capital, Manila is inexpensive in comparison to London or New York.
It is the third largest English-speaking country in the world and has a multi-racial environment. Major spoken languages are Filipino & English. 95% of people use English as their medium of communication in the Philippines which makes it easy for Indian students to interact with the native people. The country’s capital Manila is famous for its waters and scenic views. The summer temperature in the Philippines ranges from 25-30 degrees. One can find a variety of Indian food available at a low cost around every corner of the country. Also, Indian cuisine can be found on the University campus itself. The Philippines’ Time zone offset is: UTC / GMT +08:00 hours and does not have an associated daylight saving time. The Philippine peso (PHP), or ‘piso’ in Filipino, is the official currency of the Philippines. It’s subdivided into 100 centavos, or ‘sentimos’ in Filipino. The symbol of the Philippine peso is ₱. The Philippines’ Government ensures the safety of all its students.
Why study MBBS in Philippines?
The Philippines’ courses have:
- an affordable tuition fee between 2.74 to 3 lakh rupees
- world-class medical education standard
- high demand in countries like the USA & the UK
- preparation for the USMLE (The United States Medical Licensing Examination)
- the MD course which is equivalent to MBBS in India and recognized by MCI, WHO, WFMI, and FAIMER.
The Philippines has:
- easy admission procedure & no entrance examinations
- no donations & capitation fees
- no requirements for IELTS & TOEFL
- a low cost of living per month (10000 – 14000 INR including food & accommodation)
Indian medical graduates from the Philippines have higher FMGE passing percentages than Ukraine, China, Russia, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan & Germany.
Bachelor of Surgery- BS (10-18 months)
This BS course is divided into 4 semesters. The duration for completing this course is 10-18 months. This course follows the pattern of prescribed study units (72 units as pr CHED) After completion of this course, students national-level for the NMAT Philippines test. This is a national-level admission test conducted in all medical schools, colleges & universities of the Philippines to join the MD course further. Applicants must clear this test in order to get a chance in the 4-year MD course.
The NMAT (National Medical Admission Test) is conducted to raise the standards of the selection process of applicants who are looking to pursue MBBS/MD in the Philippines. In order to pursue MBBS/MD in the Philippines: One must clear the NMAT exams. The motive of the NMAT Exam is to improve the quality of the medical education sector.
Doctor of Medicine – MD (4 years)
The MD program based on the US curriculum is suitable for medical graduates aspiring for USMLE (The United States Medical Licensing Examination). It is a screening test required to pursue a postgraduate in medicine in the USA. Foreign medical graduates from the Philippines have the highest FMGE exam qualification to date. This degree is equivalent to an MBBS degree from the UK, India, Pakistan & other commonwealth countries.
Top medical universities in Philippines for Indian students
There are 45 MCI-approved colleges in the Philippines.
However, we provide assistance in admission to the top 3 medical colleges & universities.
MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
MBBS in Philippines offers:
- Bachelor of Surgery (BS) (16-18 months)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) (4 years)
|Bachelor of Surgery- (16-18 months)
|Doctor of Medicine-(4years)
ANNUAL TUITION FEES
|INR 2.5-3 lakhs in total
|Minimum 50% score in (10+2) Physics, Chemistry & Biology required.
Aggregate 40% for the Reserved category OBC/SC/ST
|BS or equivalent course is done in India, NMAT qualification required.
|Compulsory, before enrolment in MD program.
Score Cut off in NEET– the passing cut-off is 147 for the General class and 113 for OBC/SC/ST reservation classifications.
|MCI, WHO, WFMI, FAIMER
BS – 4 SEMESTERS
Required documents for MBBS admission in Philippines
- A valid Passport.
- Marksheets of Class 10 & 12.
- School transfer certificate.
- School leaving certificate.
- Application form for a student visa.
- Three photographs of the applicant.
- Medical health certificate of the applicant (life-size, chest x-ray, and laboratory reports).
- CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy).
- Visa fee.
Admission process for MBBS in Philippines
- Step 1: You will be assisted with filling out the College Admission Application form online.
- Step 2: An acceptance letter will be sent once the University/College approves the application form.
- Step 3: Submit to us the photocopies of your passport, and HSC/ISC/CBSE Mark Sheet to apply for a Letter of Permission for Admission.
- Step 4: You will receive the confirmation greeting letter from the medical college/ university.
- Step 5: Documents provided by you will be checked, evaluated & verified by us.
- Step 6: We will assist you regarding the application for the Philippines’ Visa along with all the required documents.
- Step 7: You will have to appear for a Personal Visa Interview at the Philippines Embassy in Delhi/ Mumbai/ Chennai/ Kolkata as per jurisdiction.
Scholarship for MBBS in Philippines
There is a limited scope of getting scholarships as MBBS in the Philippines can be done at affordable tuition fees.
|Human Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry, Preventive Medicine, Community health, Psychiatry, and Medical Practice.
|Fundamental concepts in Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology, Pharmacology, Medicine and Surgery, Psychiatry II, and Medical Economics.
Third and Fourth year
|The core focus is placed on studying the specializations in both medicine and surgery. The subjects taught in the clinical phase comprise medicine-allied subjects like Psychiatry, Dermatology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Paediatrics. Apart from these, it also includes Surgery allied subjects like Anaesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, and Orthopaedics.
|It provides a platform for students to put their learned skills into practice. The internship is mandatory and lasts for one year at the end of which the MBBS degree is awarded to the students. Under the guidance of your supervisor, you are apprenticed to a senior doctor in a hospital where you learn practical concepts on several specializations like Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Gynaecology, etc.
You can enroll in a post-graduate program for higher proficiency.
- You can get into clinical research or begin clinical practice yourself.
- You can also obtain a Master’s degree in Health services, Administration in the Philippines, or Public Health.
- After clearing USMLE, medical practice in the USA is open for all MD graduates from the Philippines.
- Indian students can return home and practice in the homeland after passing the MCI screening exam.
- Separate & secure Indian hostels for accommodation with Wi-Fi services.
- Veg & non-veg food including a variety of regional & traditional cuisines native to India.
How can we help?
If you desire to study MBBS in the Philippines, then you’re at the right place! Med Studies is here to assist you with every step. With over 10 years of expertise in leading the way to select the best universities, navigating the admission process, and handling all the necessary documentation for Indian students, Med Studies is the go-to choice for those seeking a smooth and successful MBBS education in the Philippines. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing personalized support and guidance to ensure that you have the best possible experience while pursuing your medical degree. So, what’s the wait for? Make your move, get in touch with Med Studies today, and take the first step towards a bright and fulfilling future in the medical field!
We assist you with:
- Documentation for admission to the top Universities.
- Availing the student visa & study permit.
- Travel assistance such as flight ticketing, and pick & drop facilities.
Admission is not decided on the basis of NEET score. However, qualifying NEET is the minimum eligibility criteria to study MBBS abroad
Yes, qualifying NEET is the minimum eligibility criteria to study MBBS in India as well as abroad
Yes, Marks obtained by you in NEET is valid for 3 years for taking admission MBBS abroad
The course duration of MBBS in Philippines is 5 Years 6 Months
- Yes YOU can take transfer. MCI (prior to NMC) have some regulations and guidelines, which is in context to eligibility and recognition of the degree, which implies:
- The course should be continuous and uninterrupted,
- No Objection Certificate from the university transferring to, or even a Bonafide Certificate from the university transferring to, accepting your admission in a particular year will do the needful.
- These days almost all countries follow ECTS or America Credit System, which makes its much easier for Students to take transfer without losing any year.
- To be precise, there is no restriction in parallel transfer from University to University in the same country or another.
- Similarly there is no restriction in Number of transfers, one or multiple it is Valid as long as you comply to the eligibly clauses
Accommodation and hostel facilities are available for the MBBS students in abroad.
Hostel facility is provided by almost all the universities in the campus or near to it, other than that facility of student mess is also available
The monthly living expenditure is between Rs 12000 – 15000 to study MBBS abroad.
|DURATION: 5 YEARS 6 MONTHS
|Emilio Aguinaldo College
|₹ 3,13,000 /year
|AmA School Of Medicine
|₹ 15, 30,000
|University Of Perpetual Help System DALTA
|₹ 16, 25,000
Yes, After doing MBBS from Philippines we can practice in India after appearing for the Screening test by NMC(erstwhile MCI) and obtaining registration for Medical practitioner.
Yes you can practice and look for a job in India. However you can practice only after qualifying FMGE/NEXT, which is a screening test conducted by NMC (erstwhile MCI), eventually obtaining the license to practice.
Yes, you can do PG or Practice in Philippines after qualifying Philippines Physician Licensure examination.
MBBS degree from Philippines is accepted globally, However to practice you have to qualify that countries licensure examination.
No, Indian students do not suffer from any language barrier because the medium of teaching is English
No, Though the medium of teaching is English but to study MBBS in Belize , qualifying IELTS and TOEFL is not required
No, scholarships are not provided as far as Indian students are concerned
The processing of Visa for Philippines takes 7- 10 working days
For Philippines Visa applicant has to submit original notice of acceptance issued by the college (admission letter) with clear impression of dry seal which means along with other necessary documents, applicants have to get the original admission letter from the College in Philippines back in India prior to applying for student Visa.
Nevertheless, we at MedStudies help the aspirants to get through the Visa process. We provide the complete travel assistance to the students
Yes, you may obtain an education loan to study MBBS in Philippines. The procedure is same as for any other foreign university. To know more get in touch with the expert team of MedStudies
In the magnificent country of Philippines, there are a bouquet of academic institutions that offer MBBS. Almost all the majority of academic institutions in the country are approved by MCI and WHO, pursuing MBBS in the Philippines from the below mentioned universities will expand your exposure which will make you eligible to practice not only in the Philippines but in India as well. Here are the best MBBS colleges in Philippines:
Yes, MBBS abroad for girls is safe for Philippines. The country has highest literacy rate as well as it also has high percentage of female professionals which makes it all the more safe for girls to study MBBS abroad
MBBS from Philippines is always a better option for the following reason:
- It is one of the best countries to provide quality medical course for at an affordable fee.
- It follows the American Style Medical Curriculum therefore students aspiring to practice or study in USA or Canada can be benefitted, however they have to appear for the licensure exam of the particular country.
- The medium of teaching is English therefore it is easier for Indian Students to follow the Classes.
- The country is well connected in respect to travel and communication
- Indian Food is widely available in Philippines. Many university hostels and private hostels provide Indian food