Russia has been a popular destination for medical education for Indian students for many years, with its high-quality medical education and affordable cost. The Russian Federation offers subsidized medical education to Indian students and this, coupled with the cordial relationship between India and Russia, has attracted thousands of Indian students to pursue their MBBS degree in Russia.
The medical universities in Russia have world-class facilities to support their top-notch medical education, including comfortable accommodation for Indian students. Currently, there are over 10,000 Indian students studying MBBS in Russia, working towards their goal of becoming globally renowned doctors.
Russia’s well-being and quality of life, combined with its recognized medical universities by organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organization (WHO), and UNESCO, make it an attractive destination for medical education. The 5.8-year MBBS course in Russia is considered as a great opportunity for students who wish to study abroad, and its graduates are highly valued in clinical fields all over the world.
Apart from Russia, there are other countries such as China, Nepal, Germany, the Philippines, Ukraine, Bangladesh, and Kyrgyzstan that also offer affordable medical education to international students. In Russia, international students who opt to study MBBS are not required to undergo a one-year preparatory course, which is a significant advantage.
Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than 17 million square kilometers. It is known for its diverse and unique landscapes, ranging from frozen tundras in the north to lush forests in the south. With its extensive history, Russia has played a significant role in shaping the world, and its cultural heritage is reflected in its architecture, literature, music, and art.
Russia is also a hub of higher education, and it has a strong academic tradition. Its universities have produced some of the world’s most brilliant minds, including Nobel Prize winners and scientists who have made significant contributions to the field of medicine. The country is home to more than 25 top medical universities, and its medical education system is among the best in the world.
Students from all over the world flock to Russia to pursue their dreams of becoming doctors, and the country offers them a chance to study at world-class universities, learn from experienced and knowledgeable professors, and interact with students from diverse cultures. The affordable cost of education and the high quality of medical education in Russia make it an attractive destination for Indian students who are seeking to pursue a career in medicine.
In conclusion, studying MBBS in Russia offers students the chance to receive high-quality medical education at an affordable cost, in a well-established and recognized medical university, with the added benefits of Russia’s quality of life and globally recognized graduates.
MBBS in Russia for Indian Students:
Pursuing medical education abroad is a dream for many Indian students, and Russia has emerged as one of the top destinations for MBBS education. The country has a strong relationship with India and has been providing top-notch medical education to Indian students for over a decade.
Russia boasts of a world-class medical education system that is ranked 8th in the world for quality, and this is why it has become a preferred choice for many Indian students who are looking to pursue their medical education. The Russian government also provides subsidies to Indian students, making the education even more affordable and accessible. This is a crucial factor that has encouraged many Indian students to pursue their medical education in Russia.
With over 25 top medical universities in the country, Russia is home to over 10,000 Indian MBBS students who are pursuing their medical careers with a strong foundation. These universities have excellent infrastructures, cutting-edge facilities, and comfortable accommodation options that cater to the needs of international students.
The duration of MBBS in Russia is 5.8 years, and the course is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), the World Health Organization (WHO), and UNESCO. This recognition makes the medical education in Russia globally accepted and opens up several opportunities for Indian students after graduation.
The medical education system in Russia focuses on hands-on training, clinical exposure, and practical experience, making the students well-equipped to handle medical emergencies and diagnose complex cases with ease. Moreover, the medical colleges in Russia have a long history of producing excellent doctors who are working in clinical fields all over the world, making Russia a prime destination for medical education.
Why Study MBBS in Russia:
- Advanced Infrastructure: The medical universities in Russia have state-of-the-art facilities, including modern classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, and libraries, which ensure that students have access to the latest technology and resources to aid in their learning.
- Experienced Faculty: The faculty members in the medical universities in Russia have vast experience in the field of medicine and are highly qualified, with many of them having earned their degrees from renowned institutions. They are dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded education and preparing them for their future careers in medicine.
- Cultural Diversity: Studying MBBS in Russia exposes students to a diverse cultural environment, allowing them to meet students from different countries and backgrounds. This multicultural experience provides students with an opportunity to broaden their horizons, improve their language skills, and gain a deeper understanding of different cultures and perspectives.
- Career Opportunities: Completing MBBS in Russia opens up numerous career opportunities for students both in India and abroad. With their medical degree from a recognized institution, graduates are highly sought after by hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare organizations. Additionally, they can also choose to pursue higher education in medicine and specialize in a particular field of their interest.
Best MBBS Colleges in Russia:
There are many medical colleges and universities in Russia offering MBBS programs, some of them include:
- Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry
- Saint Petersburg State Pediatric Medical University
- First Moscow State Medical University named after I.M. Sechenov
- Kazan State Medical University
- Kuban State Medical University
- Ulyanovsk State University
- Novosibirsk State Medical University
- Irkutsk State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Tver State Medical Academy
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Smolensk State Medical University
- Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
- Ryazan State Medical University named after I.P. Pavlov
- Vladivostok State Medical University.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Russia:
- Affordable Education: The low cost of education makes it an attractive option for students.
- Recognized Degree: The MBBS degree from Russia is recognized by the WHO and NMC, allowing students to practice medicine in India.
- Quality Education: The MBBS program in Russia provides students with a comprehensive education in medicine.
- Experienced Faculty: Students receive training from highly qualified professionals in modern, well-equipped hospitals.
Duration of MBBS in Russia:
The MBBS program in Russia typically spans six academic years, with each year comprising of two semesters. The program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of medicine, covering all the major subjects including anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and clinical medicine. During the six years, students will have the opportunity to participate in both theoretical and practical training sessions, preparing them for the clinical aspect of the program.
The final year of the MBBS program in Russia is dedicated to the internship, where students will have the opportunity to put their theoretical knowledge into practice by working in a clinical setting under the supervision of experienced medical professionals. The internship is an essential component of the MBBS program, as it provides students with hands-on experience in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The internship also helps students to develop important skills such as teamwork, communication, and critical thinking, which are essential for success as a medical professional.
MBBS in Russia Syllabus:
The MBBS syllabus in Russia covers the following subjects in the following manner:
|1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year||5th Year||6th Year||7th Year|
Note: The syllabus may vary slightly between universities and can be updated as per the norms of the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organisation.
MBBS in Russia Fee Structure:
The fee structure for MBBS in Russia varies from university to university, but on average, the fees can be broken down as follows:
- 1st Year: The fee for the first year of MBBS in Russia can range between 4-5 Lakhs, including tuition fees, accommodation, and other expenses.
- 2nd Year to 5th Year: The fee for the next four years of MBBS in Russia is around 4-5 Lakhs per year, totalling around 20-25 Lakhs for the entire period.
- 6th Year: The fee for the final year of MBBS in Russia is slightly higher, ranging between 5-6 Lakhs, as it includes practical training and clinical rotations.
- It is important to note that the fee structure mentioned above is an approximate amount and may vary depending on the university and the student’s specific circumstances. Additionally, students may also incur additional costs for things like books, transportation, and personal expenses.
Eligibility of Students for Applying MBBS in Russia:
The eligibility criteria for Indian students to study MBBS in Russia may vary depending on the university. However, the general eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Age: Candidates should have attained 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum marks: Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in their 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- NEET: Candidates should have qualified the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exam. It is mandatory for Indian students who wish to study MBBS abroad to qualify for the NEET exam.
- Language proficiency: Candidates should have a good command of the English language as most universities in Russia teach in English.
MBBS Admission Process in Russia:
The admission process for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) in Russia typically involves the following steps:
- Research and select a university: Research the universities in Russia that offer MBBS programs and choose the one that suits your academic background and budget.
- Meet the eligibility criteria: Check the eligibility criteria of the university and ensure that you meet the academic and other requirements. The eligibility criteria may vary from university to university.
- Apply online: Most universities in Russia have an online application process. Fill out the application form with all the required details, upload the necessary documents, and pay the application fee.
- Wait for the admission decision: After submitting the application, wait for the university’s admission decision. The admission decision may take a few weeks to a few months, depending on the university’s processing time.
- Obtain an invitation letter: Once you receive an admission offer, the university will issue an invitation letter, which is required for the visa application.
- Apply for a student visa: Apply for a student visa at the Russian embassy or consulate in your country. Submit the necessary documents, including the invitation letter, passport, and other supporting documents.
- Travel to Russia and start the program: Once you obtain the student visa, you can travel to Russia and start the MBBS program.
Documents Required for MBBS in Russia:
The following documents are required for admission to MBBS in Russia:
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets and certificates
- Passport (valid for at least 18 months)
- Birth Certificate
- Six passport-sized photographs
- NEET Scorecard
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- HIV Test Report
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Affidavit of Support
- Educational Loan Documents (if applicable)
It is important to check with the specific university for any additional documents that may be required.
Contact number and office address in chennai
Please call on 9650434419 for address details.
Tell me more about it
Thanks for your query. Please call on 9650434419 this no or send your contact details, so that one of our expert will call you and guide you.