“Exploring the University of Kyrenia: A Comprehensive Guide to Academic Success and Cultural Enrichment”
About the University of Kyrenia:
The University of Kyrenia (UoK) is a private institution in the Northern Cyprus town of Kyrenia. The University was established in 2013 and is the first University in Northern Cyprus to specialize in marine studies. The UoK has 12 faculties, three vocational schools, three graduate schools, and an academy totalling 58 programs.
It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including marine studies, business administration, engineering, health sciences, and social sciences.
The University aims to “train critical and creative research-focused scholars who will generate knowledge and value in a global educational setting and who will cultivate an appreciation of moral and ethical principles along with a sense of social responsibility.”
The Faculty of Medicine, as part of the University of Kyrenia, is dedicated to producing tomorrow’s leaders who will serve the public, who will effectively represent their institution and country in the national and worldwide arenas, and who will become successful educators and health professionals.
Furthermore, the course of study covers research techniques, ethical and social content.
Here are a few key points about the University of Kyrenia which make it a suitable choice for students:
- Recognition and Accreditation: The Higher Education Council of Turkey (YÖK) and the Council of Higher Education of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus both recognize the University of Kyrenia. It belongs to the European University Association (EUA).
- Excellent educational opportunities: The UoKs educational programs are approved by the HEC and the ACBSP, ensuring they meet global standards.
- Affordable tuition fees: Tuition prices in the UoK are cost-effective, making it an excellent option for students on a tight budget.
- University Campus & Facilities: The University’s campus is in Kyrenia, a lovely coastal city in Northern Cyprus. Classrooms, laboratories, library resources, student accommodation, athletic facilities, and a wide range of student support services are available on campus.
- International Collaboration: The University of Kyrenia actively participates in global collaborations and partnerships with universities and institutions worldwide. These relationships allow students and teachers to exchange ideas, work on collaborative research initiatives, and interact academically.
- Student Life: The institution has a bustling student life that includes numerous extracurricular activities, clubs, and organizations. Sports, cultural events, academic seminars, and community service activities are all available to students.
- Diversified learning: The UoK boasts a varied student body, with students from more than 50 nations.
- Strong research emphasis: The UoK offers various research centers and institutions where students may engage in innovative studies.
- Beautiful environment: The University is in Kyrenia, a picturesque town on the coast of Northern Cyprus.
If you are looking for high-quality, affordable, and diverse learning, the University of Kyrenia is an excellent choice.
Core laboratory facilities available at Kyrenia University
- Anatomy Laboratory: This laboratory has cadavers and other anatomical specimens for anatomy education and research.
- Histology-Embryology Laboratory: This laboratory is used for both teaching and research in histology and embryology. It includes microscopes, slides, and other tools for preparing and examining tissue samples.
- Microbiology Laboratory: This laboratory is utilized for microbiology education and research. It is outfitted with incubators, microscopes, and other microorganism-culturing and identification tools.
- Pathology Laboratory: This lab is utilized for pathology education and research. It has microscopes, slides, and additional equipment for examining tissue samples and diagnosing illnesses.
- Biochemistry Laboratory: This laboratory is used for biochemistry instruction and research. It is equipped with spectrometers, centrifuges, and various other equipment.
- Physiology Laboratory: This lab is used for both teaching and research in physiology. It has heart-lung machines, electrocardiograph devices, and additional equipment for researching the functioning of the human body.
- Hospital training facilities: Kyrenia University collaborates with the Dr. Suat Günsel University of Kyrenia Hospital, which allows students to obtain clinical experience.
The institution is committed to providing students with the necessary resources for academic success.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Certificate of Higher Secondary Education with a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Qualification for the NEET examination.
The qualifying standards at Kyrenia University vary depending on the program you are applying to. However, some general needs are as follows:
- Completed Application form: This form is available on the University’s website.
- Higher Secondary Certificate or comparable qualifications.
- Evidence of English Language Fluency: You must submit certification of your fluency. You can provide the evidence with a TOEFL or IELTS score or simply by completing an English proficiency exam upon arrival at the institution.
- Scanned copy of international passport: You must provide a scanned copy of your passport.
The following are the admission requirements for undergraduate and graduate programs at Kyrenia University:
Programs for Undergraduates
- Completed application form.
- Higher Secondary Certificate or similar qualifications
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- International passport (scanned copy)
- Transcripts of bachelor’s degree for each finished academic term/year
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Scanned copy of foreign passport ALES score (may not be required for candidates from countries other than Türkiye)
University of Kyrenia: Program Cost and Details
Here are the tuition fees and associated charges at the University of Kyrenia for the 2022-2023 academic year:
|Medium of Instruction
|Tuition Fee/Year (Euro)
International Student Scholarship: This is available to all international students accepted at the University of Kyrenia’s Faculty of Medicine. It provides a 50% reduction in tuition fees for the entire program. Hence, 6 year MD program with Internship 7000 euros/annually
The following also includes the tuition fees and associated charges estimated for the academic year 2022-2023 at the University of Kyrenia:
- Application fee: €105.
- The annual price for student services is €200.
Health insurance costs €50 per year.
- On-campus living costs between €160 and €280 per month.
Off-campus: €100-€200 per month.
*These costs are subject to change.
Work-Study Programmes: The University of Kyrenia provides various work-study programs to students who need to earn money to help pay for their education. These programs allow students to work part-time on campus in exchange for a tuition discount.
University of KyreniaENROLL NOW