Study MBBS in Nepal
Hey Folks! If MBBS is on your mind you landed on the right place. Here below we will consider Nepal as an option for perusing MBBS degree. Nepal has been known as a nation blessed with the paradise on earth for its natural beauty, heritage sites, diverse culture, variety of wildlife and so on, but few know that the nation also has lot of opportunities for aspiring medical students. Studying MBBS in Nepal is an incredible place to consider. We have provided you thorough insights focusing on medical studies in Nepal and the key factors which you need to consider before you decide to pursue MBBS in Nepal
If you are looking for a country with dynamic culture, pleasant climate with world class medical education facilities then MBBS in Nepal should be your option. MBBS colleges in Nepal are recognised and has excellent education system at affordable fees. The duration of MBBS in Nepal is five and half years. English as a medium of teaching makes it easier for Indian and other foreign medical students who want to pursue MBBS in Nepal. Medical students who complete MBBS in Nepal gets exposure to an international career as the nation provides medical education similar to the global standards. All colleges provide accommodations and basic amenities to the students. Now let’s dive into Nepal as an MBBS option in detail.
Nepal the land of the great Mt. Everest is a beautiful country located in South Asia. It is bordered by China to the north, and Bhutan to the east India to the south and west.
The Landscape of Nepal:
Nepal is home to some stunning landscapes, including Himalayan peaks, river valleys, and jungle forests. The highest mountain peak in the world, Mount Everest, is located in Nepal.
The People of Nepal:The people of Nepal are known for their friendly nature and warm hospitality. They are also devoutly religious and follow many different religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam.
Nepal at a Glance:
– Capital City: Kathmandu
– Population: 28 million (2017)
– Language: Nepali (official), English (official)
MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
Nepal is one of the best destination countries to study MBBS outside India. Indian students who want to pursue their MBBS in Nepal can easily find low-cost and high-quality medical education in Nepal. In this article, we will explore the benefits of studying medicine in Nepal and how to apply for a seat at a Nepali medical school.
Why Study MBBS in Nepal?
There are many reasons why Indian students should consider studying medicine in Nepal:
- Low Cost: The cost of tuition and other associated fees for medical education in Nepal is much lower than what students would pay in India or other developed countries. This makes it an affordable option for those who want to pursue a quality medical education without breaking the bank.
- High Quality: The teaching institutions across Nepal offer excellent educational facilities and faculty members who are highly qualified and experienced. The curriculum is also designed keeping international standards in mind, which ensures that graduates are well-prepared to practice medicine all around the world.
- Wide Range of Specialties: Medical schools in Nepal offer a diverse range of specializations, including paediatrics, obstetrics & gynaecology, general surgery, orthopaedics, radiology, etc. This allows students to choose the specialty they are most interested in and obtain specialized training in that area.
- More Opportunity for Clinical Training: One of the biggest advantages of studying medicine in Nepal is that you get a lot of clinical training experience. This helps prepare you for your future career as a doctor.
- Easier Visa Process: The visa process for Nepal medical universities is much easier than it is for universities in other countries. This makes it easier for Indian medical students to obtain visas and travel to Nepal to study.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Nepal
There are several benefits of studying medicine in Nepal medical universities, including:
- Improved Job Prospects: After completing your medical degree from a Nepali university, you will be eligible to work as a doctor in any country around the world (including India). This opens up many opportunities for you professionally speaking.
- Increased Scholarship Opportunities: Many Nepal universities offer scholarships to deserving students who cannot afford to pay tuition fees on their own. This makes it possible for more Indian students to access quality medical education without breaking the bank.
- Multicultural Environment: By studying medicine in Nepal, you gain exposure to different cultures and traditions. This can help broaden your worldview and make you a more global citizen.
Conclusion: There are many reasons why Indian students should consider studying MBBS in Nepal. The quality of education offered by Nepal medical universities is excellent, and the cost of tuition fees is much lower than what you would find elsewhere. Additionally, Medical colleges in Nepal offers many scholarship opportunities which make it financially feasible for Indian medical students to pursue medical degree here.
Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Nepal can do so now as the Medical Council of India (MCI) has granted permission to six Nepal medical colleges to admit Indian students. The decision was taken at a recent meeting of the MCI and will benefit around 1,500 aspiring doctors every year.
The Nepal medical colleges that have been given the green light by the MCI are:
- Kathmandu Medical College
- Nobel Medical College
- Birat Medical College and Teaching Hospital
Admission process for these colleges is expected to commence soon.
Indian students who want to study MBBS in other foreign countries such as Russia or China still need an No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the MCI.
However, studying in these countries is becoming difficult due to tough visa norms and stringent screening processes. Hence, many students are likely to take up seats in Nepal medical colleges now that they have been given clearance by the MCI.
So if you’re an Indian student looking for a low-cost alternative to pursuing your MBBS degree then you should consider studying in one of the six Nepal medical colleges which have been approved by the MCI.
Cost of Studying MBBS in Nepal
The affordability of studying MBBS in Nepal compared to other countries: In general, tuition fees for medical universities in Nepal are much cheaper than those found in other countries such as India or China. For example, tuition at private medical colleges in India can range from $10,000 -$40,000 annually, while tuition at public medical school’s averages about $5,000. Comparatively speaking, Nepali medical universities offer excellent education at a fraction of the price. In addition, there are no entrance exams required to get into a Nepali school; all you need is your high school diploma. So if you are looking for an affordable place to study medicine, Nepal should definitely be one of your top choices!