Medical Education In Armenia
Armenia, a landlocked Euro-Asian country known for its rich historic culture is situated in the southern Caucasus at the crossroads between Europe and Asia. Indians and Armenians are connected from the ancient period of time. This country is the home to numerous top medical universities where thousands of medical aspirants from not only India but globally, go to chase their dreams. Armenia has witnessed a remarkable development in the field of medical education over the past years and the development still continues to provide the medical students with the latest knowledge and trainings. The universities here are globally recognised to deliver international standard of medical teaching.
Medical education in Armenia is said to be in high demand throughout the year for their world class amenities, updated infrastructure, modern technology, well equipped laboratories, excellent faculty, etc in budget-friendly expenses. Also the students get to have high international exposure through medical seminars, sharing classes with students of different citizenship, field trainings, clinical practices etc. English is the language in which instructions are delivered so that the students do not face any language issues. Keeping these in mind medical aspirants prefer to earn their medical degree from Armenian Medical Universities. Students who have completed their MBBS from Armenia are successfully practicing their medical careers not only in India but also other destinations around the world.
Why Choose Armenia For MBBS?
- The medical universities of Armenia offer international standard of MBBS education at an affordable cost. Students with limited resources can easily opt for their medical education from Armenia.
- A student doesn’t have to undergo through any kind of entrance exams. They only have to qualify the basic eligibility criteria to apply for the universities. They have the system of “First come First serve”. So there is no added preparation needed.
- Students can apply for easy education loan to pursue their dream. There is also availability of scholarships on the basis of their performance. So now they don’t have to sacrifice their ambition.
- Armenian medical universities are MCI (Medical Council of India), WHO (World Health Organisation) and NMS (National Medical Council) approved. So they are globally recognized and accepted hence hence the MBBS degree holders from these colleges can practice medicine in any part of India as well as other countries.
- The medium of instruction in these universities is English. So Indian medical aspirants going to Armenia don’t face problem regarding following the
- The student teacher ratio is balanced so that the students don’t face issues to
- follow the classes and also the teachers don’t find difficulty in providing enough
- attention to the students.
- Medical students in Armenia get good international exposure. They get to have field experience, hands on training, clinical practices, medical seminars, etc
- where they can collaborate with people of different nations.
- TOEFL or IELTS is not essential to pursue MBBS in Armenian Universities. So students don’t have to invest extra time and money for preparing themselves to go abroad and achieve their medical degeree.
- Medical universities of Armenia provides fooding and accommodation facilities. They provide Indian food to Indian students. So now the students don’t have to adjust with their usual food habits.
- The cost of living in Armenia is affordable. Hence medical aspirants don’t have to worry about monetary constrains.
- Armenia provides a healthy and friendly environment to the students who enrol there for their medical degree.
- Students passing from Armenian universities as well as Indian medical students needs to clear the screening test that is the NEXT exam to practice in India. Hence there is no added benefit for India medical students.
Course Duration of Medical Education (MBBS) in Armenia:
- The total duration of the MBBS programme in Armenia is of 6 years. The first 5 years focuses on teaching the basics of medical science and clinical studies. The remaining 1 year is devoted towards practical training in a hospital affiliated to the university.
- 6 years of MBBS course in Armenia also includes internship.
- Every medical aspirant from India must clear his/her 10+2 exam with Science; scoring a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for general category and 40% for reserved category as per the guidelines by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The candidate or the applicant must qualify NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) to pursue MBBS both in India as well as abroad.
Medical Colleges in Focus: Armenia
- Mkhitar Gosh, Armenian Russian International University (Private) 6 years MD General Medicine (Fees 2900 USD)
- University of Traditional Medicine (Private) 6 years MD General Medicine (Fees 3500 USD)
- Yerevan State Medical University (Government ) 6 years MD General Medicine (Fees 4700 USD)
- St Teresa, Medical College (Private) 6 years MD General Medicine (Fees 2500 USD)
- Yerevan Hayabusak University (Private) 6 years MD General Medicine (Fees 3500 USD)
- Erebuni Medical Institute (Private) 6 years MD General Medicine (Fees 3500 USD)